What is a Men’s Shed?
- It is what we make it. What are you waiting for?
- A gathering place for men of purpose. And others.
- Usually involving a work space. For those who don’t have one or have had to give theirs up.
- Productive. Maybe.
- A place to change the World. Definitely.
- A refuge. When someone else thinks it is time to go shopping.
- A helping hand. You bet.
What the Coquitlam Men’s Shed is not
- A formal training program. But you may gain some knowledge and skills.
- A sports club. But you may play sports.
- A health program. But you health and well being may improve.
- An information service. But you may ask questions.
- A service for men. But you may be of service to others.
How the Coquitlam Men’s Shed aims to be
- Independent. We welcome help from others but can’t afford anything that
comes with strings attached.
- A benefit to the community. We will give more than we get.
- Inclusive. All are welcome.
What qualifications are needed
Want to join? Print out and fill in this application. You can then scan it and send it back to us here
Or Click Here to contact us
Hello! What a wonderful idea for a supportive gathering of skills.
Do you fix stuff from the public or are you caring for the community projects.
If you do fix stuff for public, I’m assuming only items one can carry, what renumeration is required.
Do you accept a wooden slat bed frame. The wood could be used for another project?
Hi Cindy, We have been known to fix bikes for the neighbourhood kids but mostly we do things like make birdbouses for schools and, when this cover 19 thing is over we have been asked to make some tiny libraries for the United Way.
Sorry it took so long to reply.
I have a hand held heavy duty stapler that is not working is that some-thing that you would look at ?